Go Back   Anglerschat > Specialty Fishing > Bow/Kayak/Spear Fishing

Old 03-06-03, 07:18 PM
Cinch

new to bowfish

hey i want to get some tips on bowfishing i bought a bowfishing movie & i want to try it. im always in to trying new ways to land the big ones this year im working on some state records & i want to cath them differnt ways any help is good help

Cinch
Old 03-08-03, 12:33 AM
pike killer Offline

pike killer
all i know about bowfishing down in your neck of the woods is what iv'e seen on video.... stay out all night, lots of lights shinning in the water and it looked to be non- stop shooting, of course thats on tape...

some day im gonna take the offer from one of the guys at work and head down to alabama with them to go try for some of them gar....

if your going for the really big ones i would imagine your gonna need a slotted retriver with a float..thats what im planning on using if they ever open up salmon shark up here...
Old 03-08-03, 12:50 AM
pike killer Offline

pike killer
also, when you build your deck on your boat the higher up you are the better.... makes for more of a downwrd shot. dont forget to aim low, this will take practice.

all last summer trying to get the wife to get her first fish she would never listen when id tell her to aim lower and she'd shoot right over the back... finally i spotted a fish and there was a rock that looked 3 ft on our side of the fish. she drew her bow and took aim i told her to wait and aim for the rock she did and she put a big slice down the side of that fish... she said: " i didnt know i had to aim that low!" she never connected with a fish last year but she did hit 3 more after that... she's hooked and cant wait for this summer...
Old 08-05-06, 08:31 PM
lacrosseplayer Offline

lacrosseplayer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lacrosseplayer
what i dont understand

why cant you just use a regular hunting bow with paralyzer tips and just shoot the dang thing and wait till it dies and floats up????? i dont under stand why u need to buy a special rell and crap like that
Old 02-18-08, 03:13 PM
txfishing28 Offline

txfishing28 is on a distinguished road
Re: new to bowfish

Unless you use a tip thats gonna cut a large fish in half, it'll swim away and you'll wait all night for a fish that never surfaces!! And how are you gonna retrieve your arrow?? You can start off with a cheap real set up at first, a shakespere 88 works great with 100# string and only costs about 15 bucks at walmart. You can find a cheap real seat for about 20 bucks and a complete arrow wiith safety slide and tip only costs about 10 bucks. A small investment will produce a great reward!
Old 07-26-08, 01:40 PM
Encotte Offline

Encotte is on a distinguished road
Post bizzy bone heavens movie daddy daycare the movie

free movies 2008 double take movie music
Old 07-09-11, 03:51 AM
Hadaha345

ohh very very good
Old 08-24-11, 08:22 PM
mangos

Thank You for Your Massage..
Old 09-06-11, 08:31 PM